As at June 2018, approximately 49% of all public sector executives were women despite women comprising 69% of the sector. Further to this, only 23.5% of Senior Management Council (Chief Executives of core SA Government agencies) are women. While often perceived as being only an issue for women; gender inequality in the workplace impacts everyone. Men also benefit from increased gender equality and more equal gender roles.
The Women in Leadership Summit invites men and women in the public sector to work together to achieve improved gender equality. The summit will discuss what would be required to achieve 50% of the Senior Management Council being women and overall increases in gender equality across leadership roles. Hear from our industry leaders and experts on the barriers to gender equality, and gain practical tips, tools, and advice on making the most of your opportunity to help make a change.
By attending this event you will;
- Gain a better understanding of the SA public sector’s current performance on women in leadership
- Gain an increased understanding of the barriers and opportunities and why this issue matters
- Hear about case studies of what is working – putting policy and strategy into the workplace in practical ways
- Understand why gender equality is important to both women and men
- Find out what you can do to take control of your career and help make changes
- Alison Llyodd-Wright, Executive Director, Population Strategy, Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Grant Stevens APM, Commissioner, South Australia Police
- Pamela Melroy, Director, Space Technology and Policy, Nova Systems
- David Reynolds FIPAA, Chief Executive, Department of Treasury and Finance
Further panellists to be announced soon!
- Ruth Ambler, Executive Director, Cabinet Office, Department of the Premier and Cabinet
16 September 2019
9:30am registration and networking
10:00am -1:00pm Event
William Magarey Room
War Memorial Drive
North Adelaide SA 5006
Free for State Government Employees and Members
$30 for Corporate Members
$50 for Non Members