Australian Institute of Company Directors: Foundations of Directorship (FOD)- Contextualised to the South Australian Public Sector
Before you enrol in the Company Directors Course, you may need to complete the Foundations of Directorship. The three-day program is designed for new and aspiring directors, senior executives, and managers wanting to gain a foundational knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of boards and directors. Watch a short introduction video here: https://vimeo.com/199778911
What will you learn?
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Identify the duties and responsibilities of a director
- Outline governance and board meeting processes
- Outline the director's role in evaluating financial statements
- Recognise the link between corporate strategy and financial performance
- Identify the director's role in formulating and monitoring strategy, and identifying and assessing risk
What can you expect?
Over the three days you will undertake interactive working sessions facilitated by an experienced director. The program uses relevant cases studies to help you understand the nuts-and-bolts of directorship.
The program consists of three one-day courses.
Day 1: Governance for Directors
Day 2: Finance for Directors
- The Role of the Director and the Board
- Introduction to Board Meetings and Governance
Day 3: Strategy and Risk for Directors
- Introduction to Financial Statements for Directors
- Assessing Financial Performance for Directors
- Introduction to the Strategic Role of the Director
- Risk: Issues for Directors
There is approximately 20-30 hours of pre-reading required before the program takes place.
Assessment and Recognition
On completion, you may attain the Foundations of Directorship Certificate. To do so, you will need to successfully complete and pass the assessment.
Find out more about how you will be assessed.
Upon successful completion of the three Foundations of Directorship multiple choice quizzes, you will receive a Foundations of Directorship Certificate, as well as 5 DPD units.
The Company Directors Course is recognised by 17 Australian universities.
Tuesday, 15 August 2017
Tuesday, 22 August 2017
Monday, 28 August 2017
AICD SA Business Centre and Members Lounge, Level 23, Westpac House, 91 King William Street, Adelaide
9:00am – 4:30pm (8:45am registration)
||Various AICD Facilitators
Special IPAA member and associate rate: $1650 (Early bird pricing)
(Payment arrangements available)