Australian Institute of Company Directors: Company Directors Course (CDC)- Contextualised to the South Australian Public Sector
Gain a greater understanding of your duties and responsibilities with the essential course for Directors. Immediately improve your board performance and decision-making with pragmatic professional development that will have a long-lasting impact on your Director career.
What will you learn?
Upon completion of this course you will be equipped to:
- Understand your role and the compliance issues for your board
- Lead beyond compliance to better understand the governance expectations and ethical considerations for businesses
- Help build a better board as well as improve and streamline board processes
- Focus your future strategic discussions with the knowledge and tools you need to monitor your organisation's financial performance and risk managements
- Broaden your view of directorship and provide guidance to improve your personal performance and consequently the performance of your organisation
What can you expect?
You will embark on interactive working sessions through relevant case studies brought to life with video to apply and reinforce your knowledge. After completing the course, you should not only understand your roles and responsibilities, but also improve your contributions to board performance.
The Company Directors Course comprises of 10 modules:
- The Role of the Board and the Practice of Directorship
- Decision Making
- Directors' Duties and Responsibilities
- The Board's Legal Environment
- Risk: Issues for Boards
- Strategy: The Board's Role
- Financial Literacy for Directors
- Driving Financial Performance
- Achieving Board Effectiveness
- Learning into Practice
Assessment and Recognition
Graduates will attain the Company Directors Course Award.
To do so, you will need to successfully complete the optional assessment. On successful completion of the Company Directors Course, financial members may be eligible to use the GAICD graduate post nominal. The assessment needs to be completed if you are planning to use the course to gain advanced standing in an MBA program.
You will accrue 40 DPD units for completing the course, and an additional 10 DPD units for successfully completing the assessment.
Find out more about how you will be assessed.
The Company Directors Course is recognised by 17 Australian universities.
Friday, 06 October 2017
Friday, 13 October 2017
Friday, 20 October 2017
Friday, 27 October 2017
Friday, 03 November 2017
AICD SA Business Centre and Members Lounge, Level 23, Westpac House, 91 King William Street, Adelaide
9:00am – 4:30pm (8:45am registration)
||Various AICD Facilitators
Special IPAA member and associate rate: $7,354.60 (Early bird pricing)
(Payment arrangements available)
Spread the learning to fit in with your schedule whilst retaining the discipline of a classroom environment and complete your CDC over 5 weeks.