Did you know all of IPAA's Professional Development courses can be tailored to your organisation and delivered on your premises?
IPAA partners with the best facilitators and training providers in South Australia and boasts an excellent reputation for its in-agency work. If you need to organise training for your team or to roll out a program across your organisation, IPAA will ensure your learning outcomes are achieved cost effectively and in-line with your business aims.
IPAA can deliver existing short courses or extended programs to your agency or tailor courses to meet your specific needs. For further information, please contact Chantelle Dixon on 8212 7555 or firstname.lastname@example.org
IPAA has an existing catalogue of short courses created specifically for the Public Sector. Each course can be modified to focus on the particular needs of your organisation or to target a role or classification level.
The courses cover the following categories:
- Career Management and Self Development;
- Mental Health and the Workplace;
- Core Skills for the Public Sector;
- Essential Skills for New Managers;
- Finance and Procurement;
- Leading and Developing Teams;
- Project and Operational Management; and
- Workplace Communications.
While this website outlines some of IPAA's current options, there are many more courses available. IPAA can assist in ascertaining which course will best achieve the goals you set.
WHS ‘In-Agency’ Tailored Training for the Public Sector
The Work Health and Safety Act 2012 (SA) WHS Act came into effect on 1 January 2013. There has been a great deal of information circulated and various information sessions held in relation to key changes on the Act.
All 'Officers' have an obligation to communicate the changes of the safety legislation to employees and to consult with them about their roles and responsibilities under the new laws, which may be a new responsibility for some employees under the new legislation.
IPAA SA can bring WHS to you, as all workplaces are unique and can benefit from a tailored program. We can provide a comprehensive overview session on the new Work Health and Safety legislation, conveniently delivered on your premises and how it relates to your agency.
In-Agency training will include:
- Assistance in identifying who are ‘Officers’ within your department with review of the Organisation Chart
- Provide an overview of roles, responsibilities and the principles of WHS
- Explain the new terms and what they mean such as:
- Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU)
- Discussion on preventative measures within your department
- Review of your policies and procedures to reflect responsibilities and new terminology
- Discuss the new elements and how the changes can be reflected in your department
For further information and to discuss a tailored package for your department, please contact Chantelle Dixon on 8212 7555 or email@example.com
Who we've previously worked with...
IPAA has already assisted the following organisations in meeting their professional development objectives:
- Department for Families & Communities;
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet;
- Department of Trade and Economic Development;
- Department for Water, Land and Biodiversity Conservation;
- Department of Transport, Energy and Infrastructure;
- Department of Environment and Heritage;
- Department of Education and Children's Services;
- Environmental Protection Authority;
- SA Health;
- Land Services Group (Mentoring Program);
- SA Ambulance;
- Department of Planning & Local Government;
- Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology;
- SA Water;
- Zero Waste;
- Public Sector Performance Commission; and
- SA Police.
Working with you...
If you are interested in developing an In-Agency Professional Development Program, please don't hesitate to contact us. We will gladly meet with you to discuss your objectives and the solutions that IPAA can offer.